Upcoming Dates: July 13-August 17, 2019
October 5-November 9, 2019
EMAIL US AT firstname.lastname@example.org IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN FUTURE DATES.
Week 1 - The Rules
- Discover, and put into practice the basic rules of improv
- Learn how to accept offers, endowing your scene partners and avoid blocks!
- Understand how to add information after acceptance, and forgo waffling!
Week 2 - Discovering Characters
- Gain an understanding of how point of view helps define character
- Work on physical choices to help create well enacted characters
- See how emotional choices can add value to characters
Week 3 - What's in the Story
- Learn the parts of story structure that are important to an improv scene
- Work on the effects of platform and and tilt
- Understand the basics behind scene resolution
Week 4 - Getting down to Spacework
- Learn how to ground yourself in an imaginary reality
- Discover how space objects can inform your character
- Work together to manipulate and define your space as a team
Week 5 - Hiding in Plain Sight
- Find tools to help you when you get stuck in a scene
- See how stating the obvious can be more helpful then "being creative!"
- Discover how repeating dialogue can help your scene move forward
Week 6 - Game Time & Parent Showcase
- Learn improv games played by professional improvisers
- Warm up, rehearse and polish the techniques from the previous weeks.
- Test your new skills in a 45 min performance for an invited audience of family and friends.